It is logging daemon implementation of webOS Open Source Edition (OSE).
Overview of the API(click to expand)
The syslogd implementation is per RFC 3164 (The BSD syslog Protocol). This implementation is a subset of that functionality, intended to efficiently address the needs for webOS OSE embedded devices.
- it does not support remote logging (not needed);
- it only supports the standard datagram socket on port 514;
- it does not support /etc/syslog.conf or standard filtering/redirection.
Additional features are:
- support for RFC 3339-style timestamps;
- support for advanced file buffering + rotation configuration;
- support for custom filtering/redirection.