This service controls the audio policy of a webOS system. Its role is to implement audio routing (sending audio streams to the proper destinations) and setting volumes in different scenarios.
Its functionality is categorized into the following modules:
- Master - To control the master volume of audio output devices.
- UMI - Handles connections and manages volume for audio resources, when playing audio from applications like YouTube.
- System - To control audio policy for DTMF (touch tones), alarm, calendar, and effects.
- Media - To control audio policy for media playback.
- Ringtone - To control audio policy for ringtone.
- Alert - To control audio policy for for alerts.
In addition, there is a 'soundSettings' category, to manage sound settings such as setting the output device for the audio.
Note: [Applicable for "Master", "UMI", and "SoundSettings"] The ‘audio’ service calls the ‘audiooutput’ service to communicate with the audio hardware layer.
Overview of the API(click to expand)