This API allows webOS to use remote Bluetooth devices.
Overview of the API(click to expand)
Bluetooth Service Categories
- adapter: Provides methods for discovering and pairing with remote Bluetooth devices and for querying their status and Bluetooth adapters available in the system. Both outgoing and incoming pairing is supported.
- device: Provides methods for getting status of remote Bluetooth devices known to the system and for setting the local values for their state.
- gatt: Provides methods for using the GATT profile.
- le: Provides methods for using Low Energy (LE) functionality.
- spp: Provides methods for using the SPP profile. The SPP defines two roles, that of a Server and Client device.
- a2dp: Provides methods for using the A2DP profile.
- opp: Provides methods for using the OPP profile.
- All methods return responses containing errorCode (Number) and errorText (String) when returnValue contains false.
- All responses from methods that have been subscribed to (i.e., were passed subscribe:true) contain a subscribed. The service informs the client that it will not send any further subscription responses by setting it to false (including the case when it rejects the initial subscription request in the method call). When the client receives a false value for subscribed, it must always call LSCallCancel().
- PIN code: A PIN code is a string of 1 to 16 UTF-8 characters (see Bluetooth Specification 4.1 [vol 3] p.298 https://www.bluetooth.org/DocMan/handlers/DownloadDoc.ashx?doc_id=282159). This implementation does not allow the legal UTF-8 encoding of 0x00 to appear in the string.
- Passkey: A passkey is 6 decimal digits from 000000 to 999999 (see Bluetooth Specification 4.1 [vol 2] p.570 https://www.bluetooth.org/DocMan/handlers/DownloadDoc.ashx?doc_id=282159 encoded as a number.